Class & statutory
CCC 9 report - 20 to 29 September 2023
The ninth session of the IMO Sub-committee on the Carriage of Cargoes and Containers (CCC 9) was held in person from 20 to 29 of September 2023, with hybrid facilities allowing remote participation.
CCC 9 finalized (for approval at MSC 108):
- A series of amendments to the IGF Code
- Amendments 42-24 to IMDG Code
- Interim Guidelines for the use of LPG Cargo as fuel.
- Revised interim recommendations for carriage of liquefied hydrogen in bulk
CCC 9 progressed on the following matters:
- A set of amendments to IGC Code
- Interim guidelines for the safety of ships using low flashpoint oil fuels, for approval at MSC 111 (May 2026)
- Interim guidelines for the safety of ships using ammonia as fuel, for approval at MSC 109 (December 2024)
- Interim guidelines for the safety the safety of ships using hydrogen as fuel, for approval at MSC 109 (December 2024)
- Preliminary draft of the Revised Recommendations for entering enclosed spaces aboard ships (Resolution A.1050(27)), with a view to finalization at CCC 10
Subject to approval by MSC 108 (April 2024), an Intersessional Working Group will be established to further develop hydrogen and ammonia guidelines during a session that will take place the week prior to CCC 10 (September 2024).