UTM (Ultrasonic Thickness Measurement) Data Platform
Our comprehensive and intuitive web-based tool to enable Thickness Measurement (TM) companies to generate UTM reports.
Bureau Veritas’ new UTM Data Platform aims to simplify the work of UTM companies with an intuitive and collaborative report generation tool. It replaces the previous Excel-based tool.
UTM is a diagnostic measurement to determine the thickness, and therefore the strength, of a steel hull structure, as well as the effects of corrosion over time. UTM assessments are compulsory for all Bureau Veritas-classed vessels in their five-year renewal assessment.
The UTM Data Platform provides:
- A simple, rapid and traceable reporting tool for UTM companies
- Proof of structural integrity, and a guide for maintenance decision making for ship owners
A comprehensive and intuitive platform
Bureau Veritas’ UTM Data Platform supports UTM companies throughout the report creation, generation and validation process. Users can:
- Create a UTM report as part of CAP or Class surveys, entering all the necessary information and parameters for all types of sea-going ships and offshore platforms. Some information is pre-filled for increased UTM company efficiency
- Create forms, selecting the type, items, values and benefiting from automatic calculations aligned with BV rules and IACS regulations
- Customize report structures and generate PDF reports with a user-friendly default table of content that can be quickly adapted to the user’s specific needs
- Submit the report for validation with a Bureau Veritas surveyor in one click
This simple end-to-end process greatly reduces the time needed to create and generate a report, meaning efficiency gains for both the UTM company and ship owner. As a centralized platform, the tool confers the added benefit of zero-risk of data loss, and highly accurate reporting.
In addition, the UTM Data Platform has been designed to provide a user-friendly experience for UTM service suppliers. Thanks to its capacity for real-time synchronization between user accounts, the platform supports collaborative work on a single report.
The platform is available both online and offline, and UTM companies can access their report history anytime and anywhere.
To meet UTM service providers’ need for efficiency and accuracy, the platform provides intuitive report creation.
A specific platform for ship owners and charterers with dashboards for UTM reports analysis is also under development. With the owner’s agreement and oversight, these dashboards can be seen by key chartering players to facilitate vessels’ structural assessment and accelerate the discussions.